Being a longtime fan of the Simpsons everytime I hear someone say (or I say) “Hi Everybody!” I immediately want to respond, “Hi Dr. Nick!” I haven’t watched the show in awhile I don’t even know if they still have a Dr. Nick, but I’m a little nervous posting this and my default when I’m nervous is stupid jokes and pop culture references.
ANYWAY, this is a happy post, outside of my committed 90 in 90. Once I finish the tagging and posting that goes along with this I will post a short daily post. Superwoman and all around sweetiepie Mommyx4boys has nominated me for the Liebster award! Thank you thank you thank you!
This is a huge honor for me, especially from a blogger I admire and also especially because I only started this blogging commitment to help with my along my one step forward two steps back type addiction recovery. So every like, comment and follow has been a joy over and above the benefits I am getting from making myself write daily.
The rules for this award are…
1. Thank the person who nominated you for the award
2. Display the banner/sticker/logo on your blog
3. Answer the questions the award giver asked
4. List 11 facts about yourself
5. List your 11 nominees. Supposed to be with 200 followers or less. No tagbacks.
The 11 questions asked of me…
1. If you had one wish what would it be?
A cure for Rheumatoid Arthritis. I want to be the best me I can be. I look at people with healthy joints and the way their bodies can move effortlessly, even beautifully. Being able to sit, stand and walk without pain and immobility would be miraculous. Being able to run, jump and dance would be like developing superpowers. Having a day go by without feeling like my joints have been replaced by broken glass and stinging wasps would be heaven.
2. If you could change one law, what would it be and why?
I would make proper restorative dental care accessible to everyone, regardless of their age or income. This is an issue that has affected me greatly. I have multiple teeth that are broken and need crown as well as spots that need dental implants. I am on disability and all my state funded insurance will pay for is extractions. They don’t even pay for dentures after the extractions. So at 37 years old my options are: go around with broken and missing teeth and be miserable from it, or have them all pulled and be toothless and miserable.
3. What is your favorite movie?
Wow, I have to pick just one? My most recent favorite would have to be “Seven Psychopaths” with “The Lego Movie” running a very close second.
4. What is your dream job?
Tutoring people kids or adults with reading disabilities.
5. If you could travel to a different time period, when would it be?
Back to summer of 2007, in the hopes that I could help my brother and stop him from overdosing later that year.
6. Do you love zombies, if not why?
Yes. Zombie moves and shows are one of the few things that Husband and I enjoy watching together.
7. Who is your favorite actor/actress.
Sam Rockwell and Melissa McCarthy.
8. Do you now or have you ever had a nickname?
Never any pleasant ones
9. What would you want your last meal to be?
Really good chinese food with Redpop, my favorite soda in the whole world which as far as I know is only available in the Midwest, and alas, I am now on the East Coast.
10. What is your biggest fear?
Something bad happening to my kids.
11. Do you think im awesome? lol
Yes. Yes I do. 😀
11 facts about me:
1. I can read upside down.
2. I know large passages from the book “Yertle the Turtle” by heart
3..I was an English major in college, but I really don’t like Shakespeare
4. Sad pet commercials can make me cry.
5. I don’t like being in big crowds.
6. I I don’t like to be alone..
7. I have a passport but only got to use it once.
8. I am kind of obsessed with shows like “Clean House”
9. I really, really hate slugs..
10. Hornworms are a close second 2 slugs in the list of things I hate.
11. I can’t sing, but know all the words to a lot of songs so I drive my kids nuts in the car..
Now for the nominees…
My questions for the nominees…
Feel free to give the “why” behind any of these answers..
1. Favorite comfort food?
2. Favorite childhood movie?
3. Favorite current movie?
4. Favorite book?
5. Favorite YouTuber?
6. Favorite actor/actress?
7. Favorite song?
8. Website you cannot go one day without?
9. Clothing article or accessory you feel naked without?
10. Pet peeve?
11. Number one reason you keep blogging?